By Julian Gordon, VP Asia Pacific, OpenSSF
Cyber attacks are on the rise. The software supply chain has become vulnerable to new and increasing attacks, causing heightened concern by governments and businesses around the world. Across every industry, companies, developers and the public sector are coming together to understand, improve and support the security of the open source software we all depend on.
We’re delighted to invite you to Singapore’s inaugural Open Source Security Foundation (OpenSSF) Meetup on the evening of Thursday, the 8th of June at the AWS Singapore Office to discuss how we can address cybersecurity challenges locally and globally.
Addressing Cybersecurity Challenges in Open Source Software in Singapore and Globally
If you’re a technology or business executive, join us to hear the latest on the pressing challenges and leading initiatives in Open Source Software (OSS) security. I will present the latest news on OpenSSF initiatives, plans and projects including Alpha-Omega, SLSA, Sigstore and more. Plus leading software security experts will share their experience, expertise and outlook including:
- Leo da Silva, Security Solutions Architect, ASEAN, AWS
- Mark Johnston, Director, Office of the CISO for APAC, Google
- Dr Yang Liu, Professor, Nanyang Technological University, Director, NTU Cybersecurity Lab, Co-Founder Scantist
Topics of conversation will include:
- Assessing the threats, developments in mitigating risk, and enhancing open source software resilience – in Singapore and globally
- How members of the OpenSSF and the open source ecosystem are working to further cybersecurity research, training and analysis, and addressing defects found in critical open source software projects
- Latest overview of the OpenSSF community’s work on automated tooling, best practices, education and collaboration to secure open source supply chains
- How you and your organization can use these resources and get involved
Plus there will be a Q&A, discussion, networking and refreshments. Thank you to OpenSSF Premier Member AWS for hosting this inaugural Singapore event.
This is a free community event. All are welcome, but places are limited, so register today. We look forward to seeing you at the meetup!