By Julian Gordon, VP Asia Pacific, OpenSSF
We’re delighted to announce the first-ever Open Source Security Foundation (OpenSSF) Meetup in Hong Kong! Whether you’re a member of technical staff or a business executive, if you want to hear the latest on the pressing challenges and leading initiatives in OSS security – please join us. All are welcome. For more details and to sign up, check out the event page.
Date: Wednesday, 1st March, 2023
Time: 6-7.30pm (onsite registration from 5.30pm)
Venue: IBM HK Office, 10/F, PCCW Tower, Taikoo Place, Quarry Bay
Don’t miss meeting technologist, executive and leading figure globally in the open source software movement, OpenSSF GM Brian Behlendorf, who will keynote this inaugural event with the talk: Building Strong Foundations for a More Secure Future: Addressing the Systemic Issues in the Software Supply Chain that led to Log4Shell.
The software supply chain has become vulnerable to new and increasing attacks, causing heightened interest and concern by governments and businesses around the world. Join us at this meetup to hear about the significant efforts in the open source community to address these challenges, resulting in new processes, tools and initiatives, including a major Mobilization Plan to achieve specific goals. Learn about this first-of-its-kind plan that addresses open source and software supply chain security, outlining approximately US$150M of funding over two years to rapidly advance well-vetted solutions to the ten major problems facing open source software security.
At this meetup you’ll hear in person from OpenSSF and cybersecurity leaders on:
- Developments in mitigating risk and enhancing open source software resilience
- How the global open source ecosystem is working to further cybersecurity research, training and analysis, and addressing defects found in critical open source software projects
- An overview of the OpenSSF community’s work on automated tooling, best practices, education and collaboration – to secure open source supply chains
- Who are our members (AWS, Apple, Ericsson, Google, Huawei, IBM, JPMorgan Chase, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, Oracle, Wipro and many more)
- How you and your organization can use these resources and get involved
- Introduction by Julian Gordon, VP Asia Pacific, OpenSSF
- Brian Behlendorf, GM, OpenSSF: Building Strong Foundations for a More Secure Future: Addressing the Systemic Issues in the Software Supply Chain that led to Log4Shell
- Harris Hui, STSM, Chief Architect, Supply Chain Security (SCS) IBM Enterprise Technology Security, China Development Lab – Hong Kong
- TBD on SCS/Sigstore
- Ken Zhang, Greater China Head of Security, Solutions Architect, Google Cloud
- TBD on SLSA
- Get to know the community – Discussion, networking and refreshments
Thank you to OpenSSF Premier Member IBM for hosting this inaugural HK event!
To RSVP, visit our Hong Kong OpenSSF Meetup Group page.