By Julian Gordon, VP Asia Pacific, OpenSSF
I’m very excited to present at the first ever Open Source Security Foundation (OpenSSF) meetup in India, next Thursday, July 28 in Bangalore, hosted by OpenSSF Premier Member, Wipro. Companies and governments are increasingly recognizing the need to prioritize their software supply chains and the role open source software (OSS) plays in them. Given the increasing impact OSS has across technology, staying abreast of the open source ecosystem and contributing to it, have become strategic priorities. Whether you are a member of technical staff, or product owner, or business executive, if you want to hear the latest on the pressing challenges and leading initiatives in OSS security – globally and in India – please join us. All are welcome.
During this meetup, you will hear from myself and Josey George, General Manager of Wipro CRS Group, about some of the important initiatives, working groups and tools the OpenSSF is working on to help ensure the safety of your software supply chains and the future of open source – and how you can get engaged and make a difference!
I look forward to meeting some of India’s technology, open source and security community, discussing key issues, and sharing with you the important work being done by the OpenSSF community and how you can get involved. We aim for this to be the first of a regular series of meetups in Bangalore and other cities in India.
- Date: Thursday, July 28
- Time: 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM Indian Standard Time (IST)
- Venue: Wipro Limited (Banquet Hall), Doddakannelli, Sarjapur Road, Bangalore, 560035
- Registration: Register here
- Introduction to Meetup by Wipro OSPO Team, Mekhla Mukherjee & Venkatesh D V
- Video Message by Andrew Aitken, GM, Global Open Source Leader, Wipro CTO Office
- Welcome Note by Josey George, General Manager, Wipro CRS Group
- OpenSSF Overview and How to Contribute by Julian Gordon, Vice President, Asia Pacific, OpenSSF at the Linux Foundation
- Be Secure Project Introduction by CRS Team
- OpenSSF – Technical Path to Software Supply Chain Security by OSPO COE
- Business Applications & Beyond by Wipro Pre-Sales Team, Venkatesh D V and Padmalav Sahoo
- Getting to Know the Community (during refreshments)
I look forward to seeing you there!