By Jennifer Bly, OpenSSF
The OpenSSF Day North America agenda is now live! We will be hosting a full day of interesting session presentations, panels, and lightning talks on May 10th during Open Source Summit North America in Vancouver, Canada. Plan to join us to discuss the latest and greatest in ongoing efforts to secure the open-source software supply chain.
OpenSSF Day North America Agenda
The agenda features a number of sessions designed to dig into the state of open source software security, discuss current initiatives, and pave the way for what’s next. We are pleased to announce the following agenda:
Keynote fireside chat: How Can Government and the OSS Community Work Together?
- Jack Cable, Senior Technical Advisor, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)
- Anjana Rajan, Assistant National Cyber Director for Technology Security, Office of the National Cyber Director, The White House
- Moderated by Brian Behlendorf, General Manager, Open Source Security Foundation (OpenSSF)
Panel: What’s new in the world of Software Bill of Materials (SBOMs)?
- Guy Chernobrov – Co-founder, VP R&D, Scribe Security
- Tracy Ragan, CEO, DeployHub, Inc.
- Karen Bennet, Officer and Member of AI Ethics Standards, IEEE
- Adolfo García Veytia, Staff Software Engineer, Chainguard
- Gopi Krishnan Rajbahadur, Senior Researcher, Huawei
- Moderated by Josh Bressers, Vice President of Security, Anchore
It’s Time to Harden the DevOps Pipeline with New Open-Source Security Tooling – Steve Taylor, CTO, DeployHub, Inc.
Getting Involved in Sigstore Research Projects – Hayden Blauzvern, Software Engineer, Google
Presenting the OSTIF Independent Security Audit Impact Report – Amir Montazery, Managing Director, Open Source Technology Improvement Fund
Panel: Alpha-Omega: Securing Open Source Software Through Direct Maintainer Engagement
- Ram Iyengar, Chief Evangelist, Cloud Foundry Foundation
- Munawar Hafiz, CEO, OpenRefactory
- Mikaël Barbero, Head of Security, Eclipse Foundation
- Walter Pearce, Security Engineer, Rust Foundation
- Moderated by Yesenia Yser, Senior Software Security Engineer, The Linux Foundation
Trials, Tribulations and Triumphs, an End User Perspective on Software Supply Chain Security
- Andrew Aitken, Global Open Source Leader, Wipro
- Jonathan Meadows, Cyber Security and Tech Fellow, CITI
No Package is an Island: Looking at Context when Assessing Package Security – Elizabeth Wyss, Graduate Research Assistant, University of Kansas
- Kris Kooi, Software Engineer, Google
- Joshua Mulliken, Senior Product Security Architect, Red Hat
Fuzzing Rekor for Bugs and Vulnerabilities – Adam Korczynski, Security Engineer, Ada Logics
Panel: Creative, Inclusive and Sustainable Cybersecurity – Getting it Done with DEI
- Christine Abernathy, Senior Director of Open Source, F5
- Amanda Brock, CEO, OpenUK
- Anova Hou, Business & Computer Science @ UBC | Photographer | Designer & Developer, University of British Columbia
- Eddie Knight, Developer Advocate, Sonatype
- Moderated by Sal Kimmich, Director of OpenSource AI DevSecOps, EscherCloud
Mobilizing for the Mobilization Plan – Christopher Robinson, Director of Security Communications, Intel
The full schedule is available on the event website.
Register now to join us for OpenSSF Day in Vancouver. The rate to attend is only $25 and includes lunch and coffee. Venue information is available on the event website. As a reminder, book your hotel and travel soon before hotel room blocks close.
Thank you to the OpenSSF Day Program Committee that built an amazing agenda from the 60 sessions that were submitted during the call for proposals. We are looking forward to an exciting day!